Subhash Ghai approved the script for ‘Iqbal’ within a few minutes: Nagesh Kuknoor



Critically acclaimed director Nagesh Kuknoor opened up his experience with the production, cast and crew of his National award winning film Iqbal. The film was recently re-premiered at the New Excelsior Mukta A2 Cinema at Fort in Mumbai. The love for the film and its cast and crew was evident at the re-premiere as the audience roared with excitement when Iqbal himself, actor Shreyas Talpade, made an appearance. 
Marking his debut with ‘Iqbal’, Shreyas Talpade was in high spirits as he attended the re-premiere of the critically acclaimed movie at the biggest screen in India. Speaking about his experience while working with Shreyas and veteran producer-director Subhash Ghai, Nagesh Kuknoor said, “I was meeting Subhash Ghai to discuss another story and film, after he had a discussion with me and Ilahi, he said he would let me know soon. And just as I was leaving, I spoke about Iqbal, which was earlier titled ‘Kolipad Express’, explained the plot and within a minute or two Subhash Ghai said, ‘Yes, lets make this film!’ and the very next day was the Muhurat.”
Speaking about his experience while working on the film, actor Shreyas Talpade said, “When I auditioned for the film, I did not know I was auditioning for the lead role, I was told it is a small role of a bowler for a sports film directed by Nagesh Kuknoor under the Mukta banner. When they finalized me, I was asked to be available for a 2-month schedule, I was puzzled and when I asked the assistant ‘Why do they need me for 2 months if it is a small role?’ and he said, ‘It’s the lead role of the film, the entire storyline is based on you, of course you need to be there throughout the schedule. I was very excited and very nervous because I was going to make a debut in Bollywood with a critically acclaimed director and also share screen space with a renowned as well as acclaimed performer, Nassiruddin Sir.”

Subscribe to receive free email updates: