Pratichi D/o Amlanjyoti Majumdar, Director, ESD, AIR, New Delhi to get Gold Medal after 4 years by HC intervention



Almost 4 years after she topped the Delhi University's MA( Sociology) Examination finally my daughter Pratichi Majumdar will get the prestigious Kunda Datar Gold Medal which always belonged to her but was wrongly awarded to the candidate securing only the 4th rank for reasons best known to the University and the Delhi School of Economics which flaunt claims of being best in the country. As the recalcitrant University authorities ( including the VC and the Registrar)not only failed to correct the Himalayan blunder but tried inventing alibis for defending the indefensible, we forced to knock the doors of justice. The Delhi High Court in it's final order on 21st May, came down heavily on the University( https://indiankanoon.org/doc/105796753/).

The purpose of my filing the writ wasn't as much to get the gold 🏅; but I didn't want my daughter to lose faith on the system and grow up with cynicism in her heart. I have had lived an entire life fighting and then being reconciled to the fact that it's only in our system that you need to fight long arduous battles to get what legally belongs to you and has been taken away from you illegally and surreptitiously by power that be. I didn't want my daughter to go through the same. I will be failing in my duty if I don't mention the yeoman help we received from Mr. Bharat Sangal one of most outstanding legal practitioners in the country ( and father of my daughter's school mate Maitreyi) who not only extended entire legal support completely pro bono but went beyond the confines of the client attorney relations to ensure that justice is done in the shortest possible time in spite of the dilatory tactics adopted by the University. 
It's a vindication of my daughter's rightful claim over the medal for which she had worked so hard. I just wanted to share this because in this time of propagation of manufactured and sponsored good and positive news , it's a real good news I thought I should share with friends....


Heartiest congratulations from PB Parivar

Subscribe to receive free email updates: