Inspiration:Sushil feed hundreds of daily wagers in Ghaziabad during lockdown


My name is Sushil Meena and I am the founder and president of Nirbhed Foundation. By profession, I am a Senior section engineer in Indian Railway posted at New Delhi and I belong to Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh. I started to provide free education to end child labour from my home town when I saw families of many labourers under my construction projects. In 2015, we registered our organization as Nirbhed Foundation. I have been teaching since 7 years now. I was providing free education and serving food to 1000 slum children every day until the coronavirus lockdown was implemented.  While the world drew its shield against the Corona pandemic, there were defenseless families residing in the slums of Ghaziabad whose daily livelihood was severely affected. Amidst the pandemic, their lives went astray. Jobs were lost, and families were left to starve. Among them were maids, rag pickers and other labourers who struggled to even afford their daily meals...

Read more - https://milaap.org/stories/nirbhed-feed-dailywagers?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=stories-title

Subscribe to receive free email updates: