My feelings and memories about AIR Pune - Shri. Ratnakar Gokhale, Formar Staff Artist.


Former veteran and renowned Violin player Shri. Ratnakar Gokhale share his feelings and reminiscence with PB Parivar on the occasion of AIR Pune's 67th anniversary. 

It gives me an immense pleasure to express my feeling about my organization, All India radio. On the occasion of the second October 2020, being the anniversary day of All India Radio Pune I take it as a great opportunity to express my gratitude and best wishes to the Akashvani Family

I was indeed fortunate to have had my presence in AIR Pune on second October 1978 i.e. Silver Jubilee celebrations and on second October 2003, the Golden jubilee celebration of AIR Pune. Both these occasions were the great milestones in the history of AIR Pune

During my 32 year's service in the organisation I had great opportunities to work with eminent music staff, to assist well versed programme officers in the organisation. I also remember the golden moments when stalwarts like Pt. Bhimsen Joshi , Pt Jitendra Abhisheki and many others who performed in the music studios and we're also interviewed by the great Laureate shri P.L.Deshpande in the studios.

I got various opportunities in the organisation to participate in the prestigious Akashwani Sangit Sammelan arranged in the different places. Nevertheless, my memories about my organization are still fresh and lingering. 

On the occasion of 67th anniversary of AIR Pune, best wishes to AIR Pune and staff members from the core of my heart. May AIR Pune flourish and became more popular among the listeners in this digital era. 

Contributed by :- Shri. Ratnakar Gokhale, Formar staff artist. 

Subscribe to receive free email updates: